Components needed –
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped medium brown onion – 1/4 cup
- Lean beef mince – 600g
- Quesadilla meal kit – 480g
- Can red kidney beans – 400g (drained, rinsed)
- Finely chopped medium tomato – 2
- Pickled jalapeno chilies – 1/4 cup (drained, finely chopped)
- Reduced-fat grated cheese – 1/3 cup
- Guacamole, sliced red chili and lime wedges (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350F) fan forced. Lightly grease a square oven proof dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add onion to this and cook, stir until soft. Add mince and stir with a wooden spoon to break up mince until browned. Add seasoning, beans and 1/3 cup of cold water. Keep stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Place 2 tortillas, trimming to fit, into the prepared dish. Spread 1/3 of mince mixture over tortillas.
- Then sprinkle with 1/3 of the tomato and chilies. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers, ending with tortillas. Spread salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes. Cut into pieces.
- Finally, serve with guacamole, chili and lime wedges.
You May Also Read –
|Crunchy & Delicious Smoky Baked Chicken with Tortillas|
|Easy & Delicious Beef And Mushroom Vermicelli Recipe|
|Healthy & Tasty Ploughmans Lunch Platter Cheese Plates|
Mexican Beef Lasagna recipe, Mexican Beef Lasagna recipe 2018, easy Mexican Beef Lasagna recipe