User Review( votes)
- Chinese long beans (cut into 1-inch pieces) – 2 cups
- Large carrots (peeled, trimmed and cut into matchstick-size pieces) – 2
- Fresh or dried chow mein noodles – 8 ounces
- Large shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced) – 6
- Water chestnuts (rinsed, drained and sliced) – 8 ounce
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp.
- Green onions (thinly sliced) – 2
- Fresh ginger (peeled and minced) – 1 piece (2-inch)
- Garlic cloves (minced) – 3
- Chicken broth – 1/4 cup
- Hoisin sauce – 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 2 tbsp.
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to a boil and add salt. Add beans and carrots to the boiling water; cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and place in an iced water bowl for about 2 minutes or until cool. Drain and set aside.
- Place a large pot of salted water again over high heat and bring to a boil. Add noodles to the boiling water and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until tender by stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over high heat and add oil. Then add ginger, garlic, and cooked noodles; cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add beans, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and carrots; cook for about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, and hoisin sauce. Bring them to a boil and stir gently often and cook for about 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place this chow mein in a serving bowl and garnish with green onions.
- Serve warm.
You can add some bell pepper slices or your desired vegetable in this recipe if you like.
You May Also Read
|Gluten-Free Brown Rice & Pumpkin Salad Recipe | Healthy Salad Recipes|
|Easy Method for Making Gluten Free Raspberry & Walnut Muffins|
|Tasty Roasted Red Bell Pepper Recipes | Simple Recipes For Dinner|
authentic vegetable chow mein recipe, vegetable chow mein chinese, vegetable chow mein no noodles, vegetable chow mein calories