There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone’s idea of the best St. Thomas excursions in the Virgin Islands will differ according to their preferences. However, some of the most popular activities and attractions on the island include snorkeling or scuba diving at Coki Beach, exploring the coral reefs at Buck Island Reef National Monument, hiking up to Paradise Point for panoramic views, or visiting Charlotte Amalie to browse the shops and soak up the colonial history. Whichever excursions you choose, you’re sure to have a memorable experience in this stunning Caribbean destination.
There’s no shortage of things to do on the island of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day on the beach or an adventure-filled excursion, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of our favorite St. Thomas excursions:
For the beach lover: A day at Coki Beach is a must when visiting St. Thomas. This gorgeous stretch of sand is perfect for lounging, swimming, and snorkeling. Be sure to grab a bite at one of the beachside restaurants before heading back to your resort.
For the adventurer: Take a hike up to Paradise Point for breathtaking views of Charlotte Amalie and beyond. The trek isn’t too strenuous and you’ll be rewarded with some of the best views on the island. Don’t forget your camera!
For those wanting to explore: Strap on your walking shoes and head into town for some shopping and sightseeing. Charlotte Amalie is full of historic buildings and interesting shops selling everything from local art to duty-free jewelry.
Does St. Thomas Have Excursions?
Yes, St. Thomas has many excursions available for tourists to take part in. Some of the most popular excursions include snorkeling, sailing, and visiting the nearby island of St. John. There are also several historical and cultural tours available that provide insight into the island’s rich history and culture.
Is St. Thomas Worth It?
There’s no doubt that St. Thomas is one of the most beautiful places in the world. With its stunning beaches, clear turquoise waters, and lush vegetation, it’s easy to see why so many people flock to this Caribbean island every year. But what about beyond the physical beauty?
Is St. Thomas really worth visiting? Here are 3 reasons we think so:
- The food is amazing If you love good food, then you’ll definitely enjoy your time in St. Thomas. From fresh seafood to traditional Caribbean dishes, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Be sure to try the conch fritters, which are a local specialty
- There’s plenty to do Whether you’re looking for adventure or simply want to relax on a beach all day, St. Thomas has something for you. There are countless activities and attractions to keep you busy during your stay, so you’ll never be bored here.
- The people are friendly and welcoming Strawberry daiquiri in hand, it’s easy to feel at home on an island where locals greet visitors with a smile and “good morning” – even if they don’t know them from Adam (or Eve). No wonder Conde Nast Traveler magazine voted Charlotte Amalie, the capital of the US Virgin Islands, as one of the friendliest cities in the Caribbean back in 2009. In fact, many visitors fall head over heels for St Thomian hospitality and return year after year.
Where is the Best Snorkeling in St. Thomas?
The best snorkeling in St. Thomas is found at Coki Point Beach. This beach is located on the east end of the island and is known for its clear water and abundance of marine life. Visitors can expect to see a variety of colorful fish, coral, and other sea creatures while snorkeling at Coki Point Beach.
St Maarten Excursions
When planning a trip to St Maarten, there are a variety of excursions that you can take advantage of. Whether you want to explore the island on your own or take part in a guided tour, there is something for everyone. Here are some of the most popular St Maarten excursions:
- Orient Bay Beach: This world-famous beach is known for its beautiful white sand and turquoise waters. It’s the perfect place to relax and soak up the Caribbean sun. There are also a number of restaurants and bars located along the beach, so you can enjoy a refreshing drink or bite to eat in between swimming and sunbathing.
- Maho Beach: Maho Beach is one of the most popular tourist attractions on the island. It’s located next to the airport, so you can watch planes take off and land while enjoying the stunning views. Just be sure to stay behind the safety fences as planes can get pretty close!
- Philipsburg: The capital city of St Maarten, Philipsburg is definitely worth a visit. stroll down Front Street, where you’ll find duty-free shops selling everything from jewelry to cigars. Then head over to Great Bay Beach for some relaxation time or try your luck at one of the casinos in town.
- Fort Amsterdam: This 17th-century fort offers stunning views of Philipsburg and Simpson Bay Lagoon. It’s also home to a museum where you can learn about St Maarten’s history and culture.
Best St Thomas Excursions Royal Caribbean
Looking for the best St Thomas excursions with Royal Caribbean? Look no further! Here are our top picks for the best ways to spend your time in this beautiful island paradise:
Take a ride on the Skyride – This thrilling experience takes you on a scenic Gondola ride 700 feet above Magens Bay. Enjoy panoramic views of the island as you soar through the air!
Explore Coral World Ocean Park – This world-renowned facility is home to an incredible array of marine life, including sharks, stingrays, and sea turtles. You can even feed the fish right from your hand!
Visit Blackbeard’s Castle – Learn about the history of this infamous pirate while taking in sweeping views of Charlotte Amalie from atop historic Blackbeard’s Castle.
Go snorkeling at Coki Beach – Coki Beach is renowned for its excellent snorkeling opportunities. Don’t miss out on seeing colorful coral reefs and tropical fish up close!
Excursions in St Thomas Charlotte Amalie
When planning a trip to St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, many people think that the only thing to do is a lounge on the beach all day. However, there are actually quite a few excursions that you can take advantage of to make your trip more enjoyable and memorable. Here are just a few examples:
Take a tour of Blackbeard’s Castle. This historic site was once used as a lookout by the notorious pirate Blackbeard himself. Today, it offers stunning views of Charlotte Amalie and the surrounding area. Tours are available daily and last about an hour.
Visit Paradise Point for some zip-lining fun. This activity is perfect for thrill seekers who want to get their adrenaline pumping. There are several different courses to choose from, so you can pick one that’s right for your skill level.
Go on a snorkeling adventure and explore the underwater world around St. Thomas. There are plenty of guided tours available, or you can rent equipment and go at it on your own if you’re feeling adventurous. Either way, this is a great way to see some amazing marine life up close and personal!
Take a sunset cruise around Charlotte Amalie harbor. This is a great way to relax and take in the beauty of the island as the sun sets over the water.
St Thomas Sightseeing Tours
Looking to explore the island of St. Thomas? Check out our list of the top 4 sightseeing tours on the island!
Bluebeard’s Castle: This historic fortress is a must-see for any history buff or architecture lover.
Coral World Ocean Park: Get up close and personal with the amazing marine life of the Caribbean Sea at this world-renowned ocean park.
Magens Bay Beach: Ranked as one of the best beaches in the world, Magens Bay is a must-visit while on St. Thomas.
Mountain Top: Take in breathtaking views of the island from atop Crown Mountain, one of the highest points on St. Thomas.
St John Excursions from St Thomas
One of the best things to do while visiting St. Thomas is to take a day trip over to St. John. This can be done via ferry, which departs from Charlotte Amalie several times daily. The ride takes about an hour, and once you’re on St. John there are plenty of tour companies that offer excursions ranging from snorkeling and hiking to beachcombing and bird watching.
No matter what your interests are, there’s sure to be an excursion that’s perfect for you. And since St. John is only a short distance from St. Thomas, it makes for a great way to spend a day or two while on vacation in the US Virgin Islands.
Royal Caribbean St Thomas Excursions Reviews
Looking for something fun to do on your next Royal Caribbean cruise to St. Thomas? Check out our reviews of the best Royal Caribbean St. Thomas excursions! From swimming with turtles and stingrays to exploring ancient ruins, there’s an excursion for everyone in St. Thomas.
And with Royal Caribbean’s convenient shore excursion booking system, it’s easy to find and book the perfect activity for your group. Here are our reviews of the best Royal Caribbean St. Thomas excursions:
1. Swim with Turtles and Stingrays: This half-day tour takes you to two of St. Thomas’ most popular snorkeling spots: Coki Beach and Honeymoon Beach. You’ll have the chance to swim with turtles, stingrays, and a variety of colorful fish while enjoying the beautiful views of the island from the water.
2. Island Tour and Shopping Excursion: This half-day tour is the perfect way to explore all that St. Thomas has to offer. You’ll visit popular attractions like Charlotte Amalie harbor, Magens Bay beach, Mountain Top lookout point, and more before enjoying some free time for shopping in town.
3 . St John Island Tour: Explore the beautiful island of St John on this full-day tour from St. Thomas. You’ll take a ferry ride over to Cruz Bay before hiking through Virgin Islands National Park to reach stunning beaches like Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay.
Along the way, you’ll learn about the island’s history, plants, and wildlife from your knowledgeable guide.
St Thomas Excursions Norwegian
If you’re looking for some amazing St Thomas excursions, look no further than Norwegian Cruise Line! We offer various great options for exploring this beautiful island, including snorkeling, sailing, and more. Norwegian is the only cruise line that offers an overnight stay in St Thomas, so you can really make the most of your time here.
You’re sure to have a great time no matter which excursion you choose. So what are you waiting for? Book your Norwegian cruise today and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in St Thomas!
St Thomas Excursions ATV
One of the most popular ways to see the island of St. Thomas is by ATV. There are many companies that offer ATV rentals and tours, so you can easily find one that fits your budget and needs. Most ATV excursions will take you on a guided tour of the island, so you can learn about its history and see its natural beauty.
There is no doubt that the Virgin Islands are one of the most gorgeous places on earth. The turquoise waters, white sand beaches, and lush greenery make it a top destination for travelers from all over the world. But with so many beautiful islands to choose from, how do you know which St. Thomas excursions are the best?
Luckily, we’ve done the research for you and compiled a list of the best St. Thomas excursions in the Virgin Islands. Whether you want to explore majestic coral reefs, take a dip in crystal-clear waters or simply relax on a secluded beach, there’s an activity on this list for everyone.
1) Take a day trip to nearby Water Island. Water Island is a small island located just off the coast of St. Thomas and can be reached by ferry from Charlotte Amalie. This little slice of paradise is home to some of the best beaches in all of the Virgin Islands, including Honeymoon Beach, which is perfect for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Other highlights include exploring Fort Segarra, an old Danish fortification built in 1740, and snorkeling at Sprat Bay Beach where you can see colorful fish and coral reefs up close.
2) Go deep sea fishing For those who love spending time outdoors, deep sea fishing is one of the best things to do in St. Thomas VI. There are numerous charter companies located throughout Charlotte Amalie that offer half-day and full-day trips out into the open water where you can try your hand at reeling in big game fish like Mahi Mahi, marlin, and tuna. Most charters also include stops at secluded cays where you can swim, sunbathe or enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to port.
3) Visit Coral World Ocean Park Coral World Ocean Park is one of the most popular tourist attractions in St. Thomas VI and makes for a great family-friendly excursion. Located just east of Charlotte Amalie near Coki Beach, this marine park offers visitors interactive exhibits like stingray feedings and shark encounters as well as opportunities to snorkel through vibrant coral reefs teeming with tropical fish. Other highlights include taking a glass bottom boat tour or swimming with dolphins (for an additional fee).