Salad is a dish contains a mixture of small pieces of food, like vegetables with sauce or salad dressing. Here is a healthy salad recipe which consists of brown rice and roasted Pumpkin Salad Recipe.
- Olive oil spray – to grease
- Kent pumpkin (peeled, deseeded and cut into 2-3cm pieces) – 1kg
- Long-grain brown rice – 400g (2 cups)
- Pepitas – 60g (1/3 cup)
- Sunflower seed kernels – 55g (1/3 cup)
- Fresh lime juice – 80ml (1/3 cup)
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Sesame oil – 1 /2 tsp.
- Small garlic clove (crushed) – 1
- Brown sugar – 1/4 tsp.
- Rocket – 1 bunch
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease a large baking tray by spraying olive oil. Place pumpkin pieces on the greased baking tray in a single layer and spray olive oil lightly. Place it into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until tender and light brown.
- Cool at room temperature after removing from oven.
- Subsequently, cook rice in a large saucepan and drain. Cool at room temperature.
- Lower the heat of oven to 180°C. Scatter the sunflower seed kernels and Pepitas and on the baking tray. Place it in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted, by stirring halfway during cooking. Allow to cool after removing from oven.
- Add the lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl and combine well.
- Take the rice in a large bowl and drizzle with sauce mixture. Gently stir the mixture with a large metal spoon to combine well. Add the roasted pumpkin, rocket, seed kernels to the rice mixture and combine well.
- Place this salad mixture in serving dish and serve warm.
This salad is a good combination of the roasted pumpkin, Pepitas and sunflower seed kernels being mixed with rice.
You May Also Read –
|Healthy Breakfast Sweet Potato Frittata | How to Make a Potato Frittata|
|Easy & Delicious Beef And Mushroom Vermicelli Recipe|
|Quick & Healthy Breakfast Recipes That Are Easy To Make|
pumpkin salad jamie oliver, couscous pumpkin salad, roast pumpkin salad donna hay