User Review( votes)
Nachos are Mexican dish, which is composed of tortilla chips topped with cheese and other ingredients. It is usually served as a snack. Here is a healthy nachos recipe, which is made with capsicum, beans, sweet corn, tomato, paprika, avocado and cheese.
- Whole-meal tortillas – 4
- Tomatoes (diced) – 1 can (200 g)
- Red and green capsicum (diced) – 1 cup
- Sweet corn – 1 cup
- Salt reduced refried beans – 1 cup
- Reduced fat cheese (grated) – 1/2 cup
- Paprika – 1 tsp.
- Avocado – 1
- Low fat Greek yoghurt – 2 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut whole-meal tortillas into triangle shapes. Arrange tortillas on the baking sheet. Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 5 – 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove tortillas from the oven and set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Combine capsicum, beans, tomatoes, corn and paprika in a small saucepan. Place them over a medium heat, stir and cook for about 10 minutes or until ingredients begin to meld together.
- Divide tortilla chips into four dishes and top with bean mixture. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top.
- Place them on a preheated grill for about 3 – 4 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Transfer nachos in a serving platter and garnish with avocado and yoghurt to taste.
- Serve warm.
You can substitute whole-meal tortillas with brown rice or sweet potato chips to add a flavorful twist on your dish. You can also add your favorite vegetables like zucchini, beet etc.
You May Also Read –
|Healthy Breakfast Sweet Potato Frittata | How to Make a Potato Frittata|
|Easy & Delicious Beef And Mushroom Vermicelli Recipe|
|Quick & Healthy Breakfast Recipes That Are Easy To Make|
nachos recipe vegetarian, simple nachos recipe, cheese nachos recipe, nachos recipe chicken