Matesi Victoria Falls Tour is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Zimbabwe. Located on the Zambezi River, this stunning natural wonder is renowned for its breathtaking views and thrilling activities. From white water rafting to bungee jumping, there are a plethora of exciting things to do at Matesi Victoria Falls.
Whether you’re looking for an adrenaline-filled adventure or just want to relax and take in the beauty of nature, there’s something here for everyone. To help you make the most out of your visit, we’ve rounded up our top activities tips for the Matetsi Victoria Falls tour. With these tips in mind, you can ensure that your trip is both safe and enjoyable!
If you’re planning a trip to Matetsi Victoria Falls, then you want to make sure that your time there is filled with fun and memorable experiences. Fortunately, the area offers plenty of activities for tourists so here are some top tips for making the most of your visit:
1. Get up close and personal with nature via safaris or game drives. The area around Matetsi Victoria Falls is home to an abundance of wildlife including elephants, giraffes, lions, and zebras. You can take guided tours into the bush from which you can spot these animals in their natural habitat or go on self-drive excursions where you will have more freedom to explore at your own pace.
2. Take a dip in Devil’s Pool – This popular swimming spot is located right next to the edge of Victoria Falls itself! It’s truly a unique experience as it allows visitors to get within inches of one of Africa’s largest waterfalls while still safely enjoying its beauty from within its waters!
3. Explore Livingstone Island – For those looking for breathtaking views over the world-famous falls, this small island situated right on it provides just that! Although access is only possible during certain times due to safety reasons – between December and January when water levels are lower – it will be worth every minute spent soaking up such incredible scenery from what feels like being “on top of the world”!
What Activities are Available for Tourists in Victoria Falls?
Victoria Falls is one of the world’s most spectacular natural wonders and a popular tourist destination. It straddles the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia, offering visitors an amazing view of the waterfalls from both countries. There are plenty of activities for tourists to enjoy in Victoria Falls including breathtaking sightseeing, thrilling adventure sports, wildlife watching, cultural exploration, and much more.
Sightseeing: The most obvious activity for tourists visiting Victoria Falls is simply taking in its stunning beauty! You can take a guided tour that will show you all the different views from different angles or explore on your own. A visit to the Zambezi National Park offers some beautiful vistas as well as opportunities to spot some wild animals like elephants, buffalos, and hippos.
If you’re feeling adventurous then why not try out a helicopter ride over the falls? This gives you an incredible bird’s eye view that must be seen to be believed! Adventure Sports: For thrill-seekers looking for something more exciting than sightseeing there are plenty of adrenaline-pumping adventure sports available in Victoria Falls too!
White water rafting down rapids on the Zambezi River provides a great chance to get up close to nature while having tons of fun at the same time.
What are 3 Facts About Victoria Falls?
If you’ve ever heard of the famous Victoria Falls, then you know it is one of the world’s most spectacular natural wonders. Located on the Zambezi River at the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, this massive waterfall is a true marvel to behold. Here are three amazing facts about Victoria Falls:
1) The Waterfall Is One Of The Largest In The World – Standing at an impressive 355 feet in height and stretching for over 5,600 feet across, Victoria Falls is considered to be one of the seven natural wonders of the world as well as being ranked as one of the largest waterfalls in terms of volume. Averaging around 500 million liters per minute during peak season (April through June), its thunderous roar can be heard up to 40 kilometers away!
2) Its Name Comes From Queen Victoria – When British explorer David Livingstone first saw these falls in 1855 he was so impressed that he named them after his monarch; Queen Victoria.
3) It wasn’t until much later that they were known by their local name ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’ which means ‘the smoke that thunders’ due to its dense spray creating a misty cloud visible from miles away.
What Makes Victoria Falls a Tourist Attraction?
Victoria Falls, located on the Zambezi River in southern Africa between Zambia and Zimbabwe, is one of the world’s most spectacular waterfalls. It is a major tourist destination for people from all over the world who want to experience its raw power and incredible beauty. Here are some of the reasons why Victoria Falls is such an attractive place for tourists:
1. Spectacular Views: The sheer size of Victoria Falls makes it an awe-inspiring sight. From up close or far away, you can’t help but be impressed by its magnificence as it plunges 108 meters into a narrow chasm below called “The Devil’s Cataract”. On clear days you can see a beautiful rainbow arching across the falls at certain times of day – truly breathtaking!
2. Adventure Opportunities: Visitors flock to Victoria Falls for thrilling adventure activities like bungee jumping, white water rafting, and ziplining across the gorge created by the mighty Zambezi river below. Many also opt to take a wild helicopter ride over this natural wonder so they get a bird’s eye view from above!
3. Wildlife Spotting: As well as being beautiful, Victoria Falls offers visitors great opportunities for wildlife spotting too; including more than 500 species of birds plus hippos, crocodiles, and elephants that live near or around its waters edge – making it ideal if you’re looking to spot some animals during your visit!
What is Special About Victoria Falls?
Victoria Falls, located on the Zambezi River in Southern Africa and straddling Zambia and Zimbabwe, is one of the world’s largest waterfalls. It is an incredible natural wonder that draws millions of visitors each year from around the globe. The sheer power and majesty of Victoria Falls create a mesmerizing spectacle that few have forgotten once experienced.
The world’s largest sheet of falling water, Victoria Falls measures more than 5,600 feet wide with a drop of 354 feet into the gorge below. It has been named one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites due to its exceptional beauty and geological importance. In addition to being one of nature’s most spectacular wonders, there are several other things special about Victoria Falls that make it unique:
First off, during certain times throughout the year (typically during February or March), visitors can experience a phenomenon known as “the smoke that thunders” – when the wind carries mist high up into the air creating an impressive cloud formation over Victoria Falls which then drifts across miles away from its origin point! This in itself makes for quite an unforgettable sightseeing experience!
Matetsi Safari Area
The Matetsi Safari Area in Zimbabwe is a nature reserve that covers nearly 2,000 square kilometers of land. It is home to a variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, leopards, and rhinos. The reserve was established in 2013 in order to protect the area’s wildlife from poachers and hunters.
Since then, the Matetsi Safari Area has become a popular tourist destination for those interested in seeing Africa’s wildlife up close.
Matetsi River Lodge
Matetsi River Lodge is a luxury safari lodge located in Matetsi Private Game Reserve, Zimbabwe. The lodge offers an intimate and exclusive wildlife experience, with just eight suite accommodations overlooking the Zambezi River. Wildlife enthusiasts will enjoy game drives and walking safaris in search of the Big Five – lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo – as well as numerous other African wildlife species.
The reserve also boasts a healthy population of wild dogs, which are often seen on game drives. In addition to great wildlife viewing, guests at Matetsi River Lodge can take advantage of the lodge’s amenities, which include a swimming pool, spa treatments, and a bar and lounge area with stunning river views.
Matetsi River Lodge Specials
Matetsi River Lodge is a safari lodge in Zimbabwe situated on the banks of the Zambezi River. The lodge offers game drives, bush walks, fishing, and canoeing. Guests can also enjoy a massage or take a dip in the swimming pool.
The lodge has several special offers for guests including discounts on accommodation, game drives, and activities.
Matetsi Victoria Falls Prices
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe is one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Situated on the Zambezi River, which forms the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls is truly a sight to behold. Visitors can view the falls from both countries, but most opt to stay in Zimbabwe due to better infrastructure and tourist facilities.
Prices for accommodation and activities at Victoria Falls vary depending on season and availability, but there are some general trends. For budget travelers, dormitory-style hostels start at around $10 per night while mid-range hotels begin at around $100 per night. Luxury lodges located near the falls start at $300 per night but can go up to $1,000 per night or more during peak season.
Activities such as white water rafting, bungee jumping, elephant back safaris, and helicopter rides over the falls are generally priced according to activity type with discounts often available for pre-booking or bundling several activities together. For example, a half-day white water rafting trip may cost around $80 while a helicopter ride starts at around $200 for 10 minutes.
Matetsi River Lodge Owner
In May 2019, Matetsi River Lodge owner, David Dugmore, and his son-in-law, Andrew Hetherington, were on a mission to document the natural beauty of Zimbabwe. The father and son team had been to Africa many times before, but this trip was different. They wanted to show the world that there is more to Zimbabwe than what is often seen in the media.
They started their journey in Victoria Falls where they met up with friends and family who would be joining them on their expedition. From there, they drove north into Hwange National Park where they stayed for several nights at Matetsi River Lodge. While at the lodge, they enjoyed game drives, walks with guides, and even a bush dinner under the stars.
It was during their time at Matetsi River Lodge that David and Andrew realized that they had found something special. The combination of spectacular scenery, abundant wildlife, friendly people, and great lodges made for an unforgettable experience. They knew that they had to share this with others so they decided to start a blog about their experiences in Zimbabwe.
Since then, David and Andrew have continued to explore all that Zimbabwe has to offer. They’ve gone on safari in Mana Pools National Park, visited historical sites like Great Zimbabwe Ruins, and even took a helicopter ride over Victoria Falls. Through it all, they’ve continued to share their love for Zimbabwe through their blog posts in the hope of showing others that this country is truly unique and worth visiting.
Matetsi River Lodge Contact Details
Matetsi River Lodge Contact Details If you’re looking for a truly unique African safari experience, look no further than Matetsi River Lodge. Located in Zimbabwe’s Matetsi Unit 2, the lodge offers guests the opportunity to view big game in one of the most pristine and remote wilderness areas on the continent.
To book your stay at Matetsi River Lodge, or for more information, please contact the Matetsi River Lodge team: Email: email@example.com