Achieving the perfect low taper fade curly hair look requires careful attention to detail and a skilled hand. Here are the steps you can follow to achieve the desired look:
- Start with clean and damp hair: Shampoo and condition your hair, then towel dry to remove excess moisture.
- Determine the length of the fade: Decide on the length of the fade you want, and use clippers to trim the hair on the sides and back of the head accordingly. Start with a longer clipper guard and gradually switch to a shorter guard as you approach the desired length.
- Create the taper: Using the clippers, create a tapered effect by blending the shorter hair on the sides and back with the longer hair on top. To create a smooth transition, use a clipper guard that is one size shorter than the previous one.
- Use scissors to cut the top: Use scissors to trim the hair on top of the head to the desired length and style. For curly hair, it’s important to work with the natural curl pattern of the hair.
- Style the hair: Use a curl-defining product, such as a curl cream or gel, to enhance and define the curls. Use your fingers to style the curls, being careful not to disturb the taper fade on the sides and back.
- Maintain the look: To maintain the perfect low taper fade curly hair look, schedule regular visits to your barber or stylist for touch-ups and trims. Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair healthy and moisturized.
Are Taper Fades Good for Curly Hair?
There is no one answer to this question as it depends on personal preference. Some people with curly hair find that taper fades work well for them, while others may prefer a different style. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to experiment with different hairstyles and see what works best for them.
How Do You Cut a Taper Fade Curly Hair?
A taper fade is a hairstyle with the hair gradually getting shorter as it goes from the top of the head to the back. The sides are usually tapered down to very short, while the top may have anything from a few inches to several feet in length. Curly hair can be cut in a taper fade style, but it takes some special considerations.
The first thing to keep in mind is that curly hair tends to be more brittle than straight hair. This means it’s more likely to break if you use too much force when cutting it. So, you’ll want to be extra careful not to pull or tug at the curls too much.
Another consideration is that curly hair can be tricky to blend. When cutting a taper fade, you’ll want to make sure that the transition from long to short is smooth and gradual. Otherwise, you may end up with an uneven look.
To get started, start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is wet, it will be more difficult to work with and you’re more likely to cause breakage. Detangle your curls using a wide-toothed comb before beginning any cutting.
Next, decide how short you want the sides and back of your head to be. Using clippers or scissors, begin slowly trimming away the hair until you reach your desired length. Remember to go slowly and take your time – rushing through this step could result in an uneven haircut.
Once the sides and back are trimmed down, it’s time to focus on tapering the top of the head. Again, start slowly and carefully trim away the hair until you reach your desired look. Be sure not to cut too much off at once – you can always go back and trim more if necessary but you can’t put any back on once it’s been cut!
How Do You Do a Perfect Low Fade?
There are a few things to keep in mind when doing a low fade. First, you’ll want to make sure the hair is clean and dry. Second, you’ll need to decide where you want the fade to start.
Third, you’ll need to determine how short you want the fade to be. And fourth, you’ll need to choose the right clipper blade size. Start by combing the hair down and then parting it in the middle.
Next, take your clippers and start at the back of the head. Use a guard size that is two sizes smaller than what you would use for a regular haircut. For example, if you normally use a number four guard, use a number two guard for the low fade.
Slowly move the clippers up towards the front of the head while fading out the hair. Be sure to go slowly so you don’t create any visible lines. Once you reach the front of the head, you can either continue fading out the hair or leave it longer depending on your preference.
If you want to leave some length on top, use a comb to lift up sections of hair and then snip off any excess with scissors.
If you’re looking for a sharp and stylish hairstyle, the low taper fade curly hair look is a great option. This look combines a low fade with curly hair to create a stylish and modern look. To get this look, start by trimming your hair short on the sides and back.
Then, use a clipper to blend the sides into your hairline. Next, curl your hair into tight ringlets using a curling iron or hot rollers. Finally, use a strong hold gel or pomade to style your ringlets into place.