User Review( votes)
Beef is a good source of high quality protein and other essential nutrients. A casserole is a large, deep dish used both as a serving vessel and in the oven. The word casserole is also used for the food cooked and served in the same vessel.
- Olive oil – 2 Tbsp
- Bacon (coarsely chopped) – 6 Slices
- Onion (finely sliced) – 1
- Garlic cloves (finely chopped) – 2
- Red wine – 1⁄2 Cup
- Beef (topside trimmed of fat, cut into 3cm pieces) – 1kg
- Tomato puree – 1 1⁄2 Cups
- Reduced-sodium beef broth – 1 Cup
- Kikkoman naturally brewed soy sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Bay leaves – 2
- Large flat mushrooms – 200g
- Chopped parsley and mashed potatoes – To serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a heat-proof casserole over medium high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, stir occasionally until browned on all sides. Set aside.
- Then add the rest 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the bacon, garlic and onion and cook until the onion becomes soft.
- Add wine and stir the bottom of the casserole well and add the beef, Kikkoman naturally brewed soy sauce, tomato puree, bay leaves, stock and mushrooms. Cover and bake in oven for 1 ½ hours or until the beef becomes tender.
- Uncover the casserole and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve casserole straight from the dish topped with the parsley and serve mashed potatoes separately.
You May Also Read –
|Sweet & Tasty Caramelized Banana Pancakes | Best Banana Pancakes|
|Lovely & Healthy Breakfast Yogurt Muesli Cups 2018|
|Quick & Healthy Breakfast Recipes That Are Easy To Make|