Compote is one kind of dessert, which is made with fruits in sugar syrup. Fruits are boiled in water with sugar and some spices. It can be seasoned with lemon or orange peel, vanilla, cloves, cinnamons, ground almonds, raisins, candied fruit or grated coconut.
- Apples (peeled and sliced) – 2 cups
- Peaches (peeled and sliced) – 2 cups
- Pears (peeled and sliced) – 1 cup
- Apricot spreadable fruit – 1/3 cup
- Strawberries (sliced) – 2 cups
- Seedless red grapes – 1 cup
- Medium lemon – 1/2
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla yogurt – 7 tbsp.
- Cut two 1-inch long strips from lemon peel. Squeeze juice from lemon.
- Place lemon juice, lemon peel strips, water and honey in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat. Add apples, peaches and pear slices to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and cook until fruit is softened or about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and discard lemon peel strips. Transfer fruits to a large mixing bowl using a slotted spoon and discard poaching liquid. Stir in apricot spreadable fruit, grapes and strawberries. Cover the bowl and keep in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with a slotted spoon and top each serving with vanilla yogurt.
This simple fruit compote is a wonderful dessert, that can be served either warm or cold, which will help to keep you and your family energetic and healthy.
You May Also Read –
|Sweet & Tasty Caramelized Banana Pancakes | Best Banana Pancakes|
|Lovely & Healthy Breakfast Yogurt Muesli Cups 2018|
|Quick & Healthy Breakfast Recipes That Are Easy To Make|
Incoming Searches –
fruit compote recipe for pancakes, fruit compote recipe jamie oliver, fruit compote recipe martha stewart